DID YOU KNOW DIET CAN HELP (OR HINDER) BONE HEALING?
We found a list with tons of foods you can eat that promote bone healing, and those you should totally avoid. Here are our top 3 of each!
Foods that promote healing of broken bones:
- Oatmeal, shredded wheat, other whole grain, low/no-sugar-added cereals
- Fresh fruits, and especially apples (good source of boron to aid in calcium absorption)
- Bean and chickpea dishes and dips (great source of boron to help increase calcium absorption)
The key to building your bones is not how much calcium you take in, but how much you absorb.
Foods to consider avoiding:
- Red meat (increases calcium loss)
- Salt (a major bone robber) or foods prepared with salt
- Caffeine (increases rate of calcium loss through the urine)
Want to learn more? Read the whole list at MyBrokenLeg.
Time to get healing.
Posted: Wed May 9th 2018 8:00am 3 years ago